This primary purpose of this position is to serve as a full assistant to the supervisor of a type 4, 4x4, fire engine module. The incumbent has primary responsibility for driving and operation of the engine in responding to wildland fires and other all hazard activities. This is considered a primary covered position for purposes of fire fighter retirement under the provisions of 5 USC.8336
The position (FS1478):
• Performs and leads, direct fire suppression efforts using such firefighting tools as axe, shovel, Pulaski, McCloud, chainsaws, etc., in initial attack, fire line construction, and mop-up activities.
• Operates PTO, slip-on, or portable pumps, lays out hose lays as appropriate, determines best method of attack and makes decisions related to tactics.
• Maintains specialized equipment and tools in prescribed manner. Also performs fuels treatments and prescribed burning.
• On project fires, serves as specialist according to Red Card rating.
• Quality leadership skills and is motivated to teach others.
• Someone who creates a work environment that respects, appreciates, and accepts the contributions and perspectives of all employees.
• May be assigned work for other resource management activities, such as recreation, timber, or reforestation when not performing fire suppression duties.
• The work is directly related to wildland fire suppression and control activities including suppression, preparedness, prevention, monitoring, hazardous fuels reduction, and prescribed burning.
• This position provides leadership to the crew in the performance of this work.
• A safe and professional working attitude is a must.
Housing may be available in the form of barracks at the compound, guard station, or there may be some government housing at other zone compounds; availability is limited. Contact the AFMO (Scott MacDonald, 541-467-5110) or FMO (Kim Valentine, 541-467-5157) for specifics.
This vacancy is being advertised on Open and Continuous Roster under Merit and Demo hiring authority. The vacancy announcement numbers are:
OCR14-462-AFEO-6G (merit) and OCR14-462-AFEO-6DP (demo).
Applications should be submitted through USAJOBS. The vacancy announcement for this position is posted on the U.S. Government's official website for employment opportunities at, www.usajobs.gov
Applicants need to indicate Dufur, Oregon as their geographic location in order to be considered for this position.
For more information about the job, contact……
Scott MacDonald, AFMO, Barlow RD: Phone (541) 467-5110: email – email@example.com
Charlie Lewis, SFEO, E423, Barlow RD: Phone (541)-467-5188: email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Kim Valentine, FMO, Eastside Firezone: Phone (541) 467-5157: email – email@example.com