• Serve as the primary FRC representative responsible for various TIMO properties consisting of ±100,000 acres South Central Arkansas.
• Develop timberland management plans specific to client objectives.
• Implement cultural and management treatments associated with optimal stand development, asset protection and overall income contribution within constraints of SFI and FSC.
• Generate various reports and documents for clients.
• Maintain open line of communication with clients or their representatives. Schedule periodic meetings to review account status.
• Conduct timber sales, including timber inventory, preparation of invitations to bid, negotiation and administration of contracts, and sale inspections.
• Provide support to FRC management in the development of strategic business plans and opportunities for growth.
• Maintain a thorough knowledge of land and timber values in area of operation as well as new technologies and strategies in forest management.
• Manage special projects as assigned.
• Promote a positive image of FRC to clients, associates, contractors, and the community in your operating area.
• Manage a team of foresters and technicians whose focus is completing the above-described tasks in a high quality cost effective manner.
Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Forestry
• Four to eight years’ experience in managing timberland in southeastern states
• Practical experience in SFI and FSC practices and recordkeeping
• Must possess good verbal and written communication skills and ability to inspire
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
• Experience using statistical and financial information such as inventory reports and DCF analyses in timberland management decision making
• Ability and interest in marketing timberland management services to prospective clients
• Working knowledge of standard computer software packages, i.e., Word, Excel, Access
• Excellent leadership and supervisory skills gained through practical forestry related experience. Strong evidence of ability to manage multiple projects and achieve results.
• Excellent interpersonal skills clearly demonstrating the ability to manage people, build team spirit, and create trust through all levels of the organization. Including the ability to gain clients’ confidence.
• Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in timberland management decision making, including understanding DCF analysis and basic appraisal processes.
• Demonstrates innovation, creativity, and balanced judgment.
• Understands cost/profit relationship in area of responsibility.
• Ability and desire to market timberland management services to potential clients.
Technical Skills Required:
• Must have thorough knowledge of state of the art silvicultural prescriptions including, but not limited to, herbicide use, fertilization, thinning decisions, and prescribed burning.
• Must have an excellent understanding of mensuration, timberland inventory techniques, and statistics associated with forest management.
• Excellent analytical skills associated with problem identification and analysis of solutions.
Competitive benefits package includes health, life and disability insurance, 401(k) plan, optional dental insurance, vacation, and holidays.
Resume and professional references should be sent to the following address:
Forest Resource Consultants, Inc.
P.O. Box 111
Picayune, MS 39466
Or email to email@example.com