Skip to main content

Watson Springs Forest

Watson Springs Forest covers approximately 606 acres in Greene County, Georgia. The property is located 12 miles north of Greensboro, Ga and 15 miles south of Watkinsville, Ga on Georgia Highway 15. It is bounded on the west by the Oconee River, on the south by the Oconee National Forest, and on the north and east by private ownerships. The forest is composed of natural pine, planted pine, pine hardwood, upland hardwood, and bottomland hardwood. The property was deeded to the University of Georgia Board of Regents on December 12, 1933 by Colonel James Dala Watson. Watson Springs Forest is managed for teaching, research, demonstration, service and outreach, and to generate revenue that supports the school and its programs.

Select any filter and click on Apply to see results