Hardman Memorial Park covers approximately 488 acres in Jackson County, georgia between the communities of Center and Nicholson in Georgia's piedmont region. U.S. Highway 441 crosses the property near its east boundary and Shankles Creek is found near the center of the tract. The forest is bounded to the east by U.S. Highway 441 and private residences, to the south by privately owned timberland, to the west by Kings Bridge and Antioch Church Roads, and to the north by private residences. Hardman Memorial Park is composed of natural pine, planted pine, upland hardwood, and a small amount of bottomland hardwood. the property was given to the Board of Regents for the University of Georgia by Dr. Lamartine Griffin Hardman on September 29, 1936. The deed required that the property be named Dr. W.B.J. Hardman Memorial Park. Hardman Memorial Park is managed for teaching, research, demonstration, service and outreach, and to generate revenue that supports the school and its programs.