The 2018 Summer Internship program with TIG is designed to give interns exposure to all aspects of institutional timberland investment management. Interns will work in TIG’s Atlanta office and be exposed to many of the business’ core functions.
Some potential projects that our summer interns might work on include:
• Preparing and evaluating long-term cash flow models
• Conducting technical and financial due diligence of potential investment properties
• Preparing portfolio review presentations and other client communication
• Maintaining data benchmarking information for timber pricing, valuation, and other metrics
• Ad-hoc analysis around interesting topics (e.g., carbon sequestration, market analysis)
• Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, forestry, or a related discipline
• Experience with financial modeling and pivot tables in MS Excel
Successful interns are able to multitask and manage a variety of projects in a dynamic, team-oriented environment. We look for a high level of attention to detail and proven analytical skills but also individuals who bring enthusiasm, energy, and a unique perspective to the team. We also value, but do not require, secondary language skills or international experience.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Kieran.McDonagh@btgpactual.com before 31 January, 2019.